Late last year, Sennheiser made a statement with the introduction of the Momentum series: “we care about style too!” In these days of headphones-for-fashion, Sennheiser realizes there is a market out there for simply great looking AND sounding headphones. Instead of going crazy with it (not that I expected them to), they decided to keep it sleek and minimal.
Available in the four colors pictured above (pink, green, blue, ivory), this version of the Momentum is on-ear instead of over-ear. I like to call it the Momentum Mini, since that looks to be the main difference, as the specs are almost identical to the Momentum Over-Ear version.
- Impedance: 18 Ω
- Frequency response: 16–22,000 Hz
- Sound pressure level (SPL): 112 dB (1 kHz/1 Vrms)
- THD, total harmonic distortion: < 0.5% (1 kHz, 100 dB SPL)
- Contact pressure: approx. 3.2 N
- Jack plug Cable 1: 3.5 mm low profile angled plug
- Jack plug Cable 2: 3.5 mm straight plug
- Cable length Cable 1: 1.4 m iPod®/iPhone® cable with integrated smart remote and microphone
- Cable length Cable 2: 1.4 m cable for computers, phones, music players and any device with a headphone output
- Transducer principle: Dynamic, closed
- Weight: 160 g (including remote)
- Load rating 200 mW
The Momentum On-Ears retail for ~$250, compared to the Over-Ear’s price of $350. This seems like a steal considering the great reviews the original Momentum has received. Unfortunately, we have no word on when they will be available in the States.
To see what the Momentum On-Ear looks like in person, check out this video from Sennheiser:
Visit the official Momentum On-Ear product page for more.